Join Alanda Health as our new Public Health Intern and support our vision to improve global health around the world.
Who are we
Alanda Health is a dynamic organization with a vision to improve global health around the world by strengthening what we believe are core pillars of successful interventions: strong evidence and motivated teams.
We support Norwegian and international organizations and NGOs with technical advice in global health; research, monitoring and evaluation; training and capacity building.
We work in several thematic areas, including Epidemic Preparedness and Response, Epidemiology and Surveillance, Infectious Diseases (HIV, TB, malaria, cholera, vaccine-preventable diseases), Maternal and Child health, Sexual and Reproductive health, Health equity and barriers in access to care, Psychosocial support and Mental Health.
Want to join the team?
This internship position is most suitable for someone finishing a master’s in public health or similar diploma, or someone looking for a career change into public health. If you have most of the items below, it doesn’t matter to us what your degree is, as long as you are willing to learn!
What we are looking for in an intern:
- Proactive and creative – You come up with ideas and improvements on tasks/projects. You don’t wait to be told what to do, you are able to find your way if you have clarity on the end goal.
- Comfortable working independently and receiving feedback on your work on a regular basis.
- Passionate about global health and poverty issues and how to solve them.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Organized and efficient with your work, good time-management.
- Flexible and willing to support with an array of different tasks and projects.
- Committed and responsible – you deliver timely and are committed to your work with us.
Minimum 15 hours per week. (Please state your weekly time availability in your application)
Skills that you need to bring along – We’ll help you develop them further!
- Ability to efficiently research peer-reviewed and gray literature online
- Capacity to read and summarize high volumes of information
- Good analytical skills
- Comfortable/knowledgeable in quantitative and qualitative research skills is a plus
Writing and communication skills:
- Excellent writing skills in English (Norwegian, Spanish or French is a plus)
- Some knowledge of social media content creation – short posts, videos, etc
- Comfortable reaching out to people and organizations
What we offer
- 3 months remote internship (mid-January, to end of April – including a two-week vacation) with possibility of extension. The starting date would be Monday 10.01.2022.
- You will support one or more of our projects with external organizations, contributing to research or evaluation reports, trainings or other products.
- You will work on content development for blogs, articles and videos with global health information for general and specialized audiences.
- You will support other activities, as needed.
- We work in a variety of different subjects, so you’ll get exposure to several current issues in Global Health.
- If interested, you will also learn some social entrepreneurship/business skills.
- Flexibility in working hours, as long as you can be present at our team meetings and other pre-arranged times.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with:
- Your CV (2 pages max)
- A cover letter where you tell us why you want to do your internship with us, and some interesting things about you that don’t fit in your CV. Let us know why we are a good match. Make sure you add your weekly time availability.
Application deadline is November 28th, 2021 (23.59 CET)
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn for updates on new positions!