Join Alanda Health as a consultant and support our vision to improve global health around the world.
Who are we
Alanda Health is a dynamic organization with a vision to improve global health around the world by strengthening what we believe are core pillars of successful interventions: strong evidence, technical excellence and motivated teams.
We support Norwegian and international organizations and NGOs with technical advice in global health; research, monitoring and evaluation; training and capacity building.
We work in several thematic areas, including Epidemic Preparedness and Response, Epidemiology and Surveillance, Infectious Diseases (HIV, TB, malaria, cholera, vaccine-preventable diseases), Maternal and Child health, Sexual and Reproductive health, Health equity and barriers in access to care, Psychosocial support and Mental Health.
Want to join the team?
This consultancy opportunity is suitable for either a junior or a senior public health consultant. We’ll set up a team to ensure all relevant experience and skills are present.
We are looking for someone to support a specific project for one of the organizations we currently work with. Once this project is finished, and based on the work undertaken, there is an opportunity to join Alanda’s consultancy roster for future projects.
What we are looking for:
- Proactive and creative – You solve minor problems and present solutions to major challenges for discussion by the team. You don’t wait to be told what to do, you are able to find your way if you have clarity on the end goal.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented, organized and efficient with your work, strong time-management.
- Committed and responsible – you deliver timely and always strive to produce the best results for the organizations we support.
Skills & experience:
- Either a) Technical knowledge and experience in epidemic surveillance, community health and/or resilience projects OR b) technical knowledge and experience with development of strategic health frameworks/plans for humanitarian organizations.
- Experience working with the Red Cross Movement, either as staff, delegate or externally
- Ability to efficiently research peer-reviewed and gray literature online and extract key information
- Experience with qualitative data collection methods (interviews, focus group discussions, workshops)- comfortable conducting these online.
- Experience with quantitative data collection tools (e.g. surveys)
- Strong analytical skills for both quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Knowledge and experience producing reader-friendly reports (visually attractive, tables, graphs and figures, infographics, etc)
- French language skills are a plus
What we offer
Estimated 18 days of work from early September to late November for one project, with a possibility of joining a second project in the period for a similar amount of days.
If we’re a good fit, we’d love to keep you in our roster for upcoming projects.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV (2 pages max) highlighting relevant projects and experience for this assignment
- A cover letter
Send us an email: email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn for updates on new positions!